Pages

Thursday 16 March 2017

The amazing yr 5 and 6 camp.

Hi my name is Paige and I am going to write about my  school camp that I had at Pt england school. We slept at school on the field it was cool sleeping at school for the first time. Heaps of parent helpers, and teachers were helping. They were cooking our breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also yr 5 and 6 campers were there too of course.


The camp group names were, Principles, Generals, Presidents, Captains,  and Chiefs. I was in the Principles and our captains were Daisy and Jaylim.


Our first rotation was youth town which was in our classroom because it was very cold outside and the games that we played were Dodgeball, Buddies Up and Shoot Down . Also if you haven't been camp before just keep on reading camping is like   when you sleep in a tent with your friend or somebody else at school or in the woods. It might be very scary but it was fun anyways.

My favourite rotation was when the Principals went kayaking down at Pt england beach. It was my favourite rotation because it was very fun also it was my first time doing kayaking.

My other favourite parts were when the Principals went to play in the hall, watching the movie called Storks it was a very funny movie, going to the pools it was very fun and of course kayaking.
Also my favourite parts in the movie Storks is when the little pigeon said how you like me now and bruh.

Thank you Mr Burt, Mrs Nua, Mrs Squires, Miss Takare, Mr Jacobsen, Miss Haare, Miss Timmi, Mr Moran, Whaea Saf, Miss Kathy, Miss V, and the other teachers in the school. Also thank you parent for helping too.

I learnt how to kayak and sleeping with my best friend Leilani, Tepaia and Madison at school for the first time. It was  kind of freaky but i got the hang of it through the night. But I still had fun anyways.





4 comments:

  1. Hi Paige. Your recount about camp is brilliant! You did such a great job at splitting all of your ideas into different paragraphs and you're so good at using commas now. I can see one place where you can add speech marks - can you find it?
    My favourite rotation was kayaking too. Did you fall out of your kayak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paige, I love reading about your very first camp at Pt England and that you got over being freaked out at night in the tents. Can't wait to hear about other things that happened also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Miss Scanlan I did not fall out of the kayak but I nearly did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi paige I love your work keep up the hud work.

    ReplyDelete